Purpose and Background
Lorne Fisheries (trading as Inverawe Smokehouses) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy will outline what information we store, what we do with it, how we collect it and how you can access it.
The company is committed to being transparent about how it handles your personal information, to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and to meeting its data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and the Data Protection Act 2018
Data Protection Principles:
Under the GDPR, there are six data protection principles that the Company must comply with. These provide that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Collected only for legitimate purposes that have been clearly explained to you and not further processed in a way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to those purposes.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for those purposes.
- Processed in a way that ensures appropriate security of the data.
The Company is responsible for, and must be able to demonstrate compliance with, these principles. This is called accountability.
What types of information do we collect on you?
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Or alternatively the Name, Adddress, Postcode and Contact Number of any gift recipient nominated by the person placing an order with us.
This information is required so that we can process your order efficiently. Your data is saved on our secure website and local server.
Payment data, including credit cards used to pay over the phone or online are securely sent to our payment provider, Cyber-source and we do not hold any payment details on both our online (web) and in house servers.
Your delivery address, name, telephone numbers and/or email address will be passed on to our carriers in order that they can fufil their delivery.
Why and how do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to fulfil our contract with you, (something that you enter willingly by placing an order online, verbally over the telephone, or alternativelyinformation collected by entering any competitions we may run or at events we attend with contact cards for completion)
- To provide payment processing and Account Management, operate, measure and improve our services, keep our informatiuon safe, secure and operational.
- Provide you with a personalised experience with the ability to contact you to troubleshoot any problems that may arise and clarify where required any orders taken.
- Contact with you about your account and our products can be by the following:
- by Email
- or by Telephone
With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with marketing material via email or Direct Marketing Mail outs.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at anytime.
What if you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain personal information when requested or required, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations. You may also be unable to exercise your statutory or contractual rights.
How does the Company protect your personal information?
The Company has put in place measures to protect the security of your personal information. It has internal policies, procedures ad controls in place to try and prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost or destroyed, altered, disclosed or user or accessed in an unauthorised way. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, workers, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know in order to perform their job duties and responsiblities. You can obtain further information about these measures by contacting us directly.
Where your personal information is shared with third-party service providers, we require all third parties to take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information and to treat it subject to a duty of confidentiality and in accordance with data protection law. We only allow them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our written instructions and we do not allow them to use your personal information for their own purposes.
The Company also has in place procedures to deal with a suspected data security breach and we will notify the Information Commissioner's Office (or any other applicable supervisory authority or regulator) and you of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
For how long does the Company keep your personal information?
How long will the personal data be stored for Lorne Fisheries Limited (trading as Inverawe Smokehouses) will retain personal data following reasons (only exception to these reasons are if it is required or permitted by law to hold onto the information a specific amount of time)
- Data that is required in order to perform a contract, will be helsd on Lorne Fisheries Limited (trading as Inverawe Smokehouses) system for a seven year period.
- Data that is no longer deemed necessary will be deleted from our system.
Your rights in connection with your personal information:
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurateand up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes, e.g. a Change of Home Address, during your working relationship with the Company so that our records can be updated. the company cannot be held responsible for any errors in your personal information in this regard unless you have notified the Company of the relevant change.
As a data subject, you have a number of statutory rights. Subject to certain conditions, and in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information - this is usually known as making a data subject access request and it enables you to recieve a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request rectification of your personal information - this enables you to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you corrected.
- Request the erasure of your personal information - this enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, e.g. it's no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Restrict the processing of your personal information - this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information, e.g. if you contest its accuracy and so want us to verify its accuracy.
- Object to the processing of your personal information where we are relying in the legitimate interests of the business as our legal basis for processing and there is something relating to your particular situation which makes you decide to object to processing on this ground.
- Data Portability - this gives you the right to request the transfer of your personal information to another party so that you can reuse it across different services for your own purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the eletronic form on the Company's website or alternatively email us at email@example.com. We may need to request specific information from you in order to verify yiour identity and check your right to access the personal information or to exercise any of your other rights.
If you believe that the Company has not complied with your data protection rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at any time. The ICO is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Changes to this privacy notice:
The Company reserves the right to update or amend this privacy notice at any time, including where the Company intends to further process your personal information for a purpose other than that for which the personal information was collected or where we intend to process new types of personal information. We will issue you with a new privacy notice when we make significant updates or amendments. We may also notify you about the processing of your personal information in other ways.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us as follows:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or alternatively on 03448475480, press 3
- By mail: Inverawe Smokehouses, Taynuilt,Argyll. PA35 1HU