These are just mouthwateringly good. They are so delicate and munchable everyone will love them! This recipe will make 12 small tartlets; 6 individual tartlets or one 8-9inch tart.
- 250g shortcrust pastry
- 300ml double or single cream
- 3 whole eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 tblsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tblsp EACH, finely chopped dill, chives & parsley
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 heaped tblsp grated Parmesan or Cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- 350g sliced Inverawe Smoked Salmon
- a few sprigs of dill to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- Roll out the pastry thinly and use to line your chosen tin/s and bake blind.
- Put the cream, eggs, herbs, spinach, lemon zest and cheese in a food processor and blend for a minute until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set the baked tart case/s on a baking sheet (still in their tins) and pour in enough filling to reach to just under the top.
- Bake for about 15/20/35 minutes until just firm. Do not overcook.
- Remove from the oven, and while still warm arrange a pile of smoked salmon on each one.
Garnish with a sprig of dill and serve warm.
Click here to print