Serves 4 - 6
- 300g Smoked Salmon
For the pancakes
- 200g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 600ml milk
- 25g butter
- salt to season
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the eggs and half the milk.
- Start mixing the eggs rapidly with a wooden spoon so that the flour comes into the well.
- Gradually add the rest of the milk until the mixture is like a thick cream.
- Beat well.
- To make the pancakes melt a tiny amount of butter in an omelette pan, add a good tablespoon of the batter to make a thin coating over the bottom of the pan.
- Cook over fairly high heat for about 1 minute on each side, tossing the pancake.
When cool spread with cream cheese, smoked salmon, and roll up. Slice into bite size rolls. I also make some with just smoked salmon, lemon & dill. Have fun making your own inventions.
Click here to print