Makes enough for at least 20 small pancakes.
- 300g Potatoes, peeled and cut into equal sized chunks
- 30g softened butter
- 85g Flour, sieved
- 2 eggs beaten
- 100ml Milk
- Olive oil or sunflower oil
- 10 Slices Inverawe Smoked Salmon (approx. 400g)
- Double Cream
- Chives, finely chopped
- Black Pepper
- Caviar (Trout or Lumpfish)
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender then drain well. Mash until smooth and mix in butter. Allow to cool slightly. Make a well in the flour and mix together the milk and eggs. Pour the milk mixture in to flour and mix well. Beat in the cooled mashed potato to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and drop in spoons of batter, allowing space for spreading. Cook for a minute then check and turn over when golden on the bottom. Remove to a cooling rack and cook the rest of the pancakes.
- Lightly whip the double cream and mix in some finely grated horseradish, fresh black pepper and chopped herbs. Serve the pancakes topped with some sliced smoked salmon, a small spoon of horseradish cream and a few globes of caviar.