Smooth, spicy and luxurious, and great for informal parties. I serve this with Italian bread sticks for dunking - very moreish!
- 250g (9 oz) cold-smoked salmon or trout
- 150ml (¼ pint) thick Greek yoghurt
- 150ml (¼ pint) soured cream
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ - 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimentón)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Put the salmon into a food processor and blend in short bursts until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again in short bursts until smooth - do not overwork. Pile into a bowl, cover and chill for at least 2 hours to allow the flavours to develop.
- Serve with Italian breadsticks for dunking!