I love this combination of fresh, sharp guacamole with rich, creamy smoked salmon. For an even smoother taste add a spoonful of crème fraîche to the guacamole.
Serves 4 -6
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stoned and peeled
- juice of 1 - 3 limes (depending on juiciness!)
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1 green chilli, seeded and very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g (7 oz) sliced smoked salmon, to serve
- mini poppadoms, to serve
- To make the guacamole, put the avocado into a bowl with the lime juice, roughly mash up with a fork, then mix in the onion, chilli and coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper and extra lime juice. Cover and set aside.
- Serve spoonfuls on plates with a pile of smoked salmon and spicy poppadoms.