"Guaranteed to warm you up" says Robert
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g (9 oz) chopped onion
- 1 eating apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- &1frac2; teaspoon of chilli flakes (or more to taste!)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée
- 450ml (&3frac4; pint) fish or chicken stock
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 150ml (&1frac4; pint) double cream
- 190g (7 oz) skinless smoked haddock
- 190g (7 oz) flaky roast smoked salmon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic bread, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and gently sauté the onion and apple for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the chilli flakes and tomato purée, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and canned tomatoes and bring slowly up to the boil.
- Take off the heat and blend in a food processor or liquidiser.
- Return to the saucepan and add the cream.
- Taste, adjust the seasoning and reheat.
- Meanwhile, cut the haddock in 2 cm (&3frac4; inch) pieces and flake the salmon.
- Add the fish to the hot soup.
- Give a gentle stir, put the lid on, take off the heat and leave the fish to cook and infuse for 10 minutes.
- Reheat gently to serve with hot garlic bread.
Click here to print